SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE IN A JAR
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE IN A JAR FULL RECIPE VIDEO HERE
2-3 large Sweet Potatoes
1-2 cups Non-Dairy Milk
1/3 cup Vegan Butter melted
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/2 tbsp Nutmeg
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1/2 cup Raw Cane Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
Pinch of salt
FOR THE TOPPING:
Pecans or nuts of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Scrub and wash sweet potatoes to remove any excess dirt and follow-up by poking multiple holes with a fork to allow steam to be released from sweet potatoes.
2. Bake in the oven until fork tender.
3. Allow potatoes to cool completely before peeling and mashing in a large mixing bowl.
4. Stir in the remainder of your ingredients. In a baking dish spread your sweet potatoes evenly. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until.
5. In sterilized mason jars layer sweet potato, nuts, and marshmallows. Final layer should be marshmallows and can placed back into the oven to allow marshmallows to get toasted.
6. Serve warm and enjoy!
**View Recipe Notes Down Below**
If you have a nut allergy, you can replace the nuts with a mixture of brown sugar, oats, and flour to top your sweet potato mixture.
You can skip the mason jars and leave this in a baking dish. Use large marshmallows cut in half so that you can have a more even top layer.
For a healthier alternative use the mashed potatoes and mix with agave, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg topped with nut or oat mixture.