Hola Foodie Friends!
Today, we won't actually be talking about food at all. We're actually going to talk about another satisfying thing in our lives: achievement. Those awesome dreams of ours that we are always thinking about when we are at work or lying on the couch wishing we were achieving them, I'm here to let you know that they are reachable and could be yours for the taking.
You know those haters on social media that always complain about the dreamers, go-getters, movers and the shakers who like to post about what their New Year's Resolutions are, FORGET THEM! The end of the year is a perfect time to reflect on the year that has passed and look forward to a brand new set of 12 months. This is a great time to set your goals and come up with a plan to be the most successful version of yourself that you can be. After all, if Beyonce has 365 days to make magic, then so do we, right?!
Now, I won't lie... I too say that I'll start working out and get those six-pack abs that I've always dreamed of! However, I don't sign up for a gym membership (or even visit our home gym) or pull out the protein shakes. But does that mean that a guy can't dream and list his wants and goals for the new year? People may question how realistic your goals are, heck, you might even question yourself if your goals/dreams are even attainable. Throughout my journey in life, there is one thing that I have learned, If I put my mind to it and do the work that is required, then I can achieve it.
That brings me to my favorite 3 "S" words: Strategy, structure, and SUCCESS! These words will help you in figuring out the best process that's going to work for your lifestyle and get you to that ultimate goal you so desire. You need a strategy before you start tackling that to-do list. After you have set those rules and regulations, you'll need to streamline the process and start doing the work; work smarter, not harder! That's called structure. This process leads you to the satisfaction of gaining successes in your everyday life from knowing the work that you're putting in is paying off.
Here's a list of things that are preventing you from being the successful person you desire to be and that you should stop doing immediately (including myself)!
Not Having a Strategy
Sleeping In Late
Going to Bed Late
Not Planning or Not Being Organized
Spending Too Much Time on Social Media (blessing/curse)
Not Meal Prepping or Cooking at Home
1. Recycle, recycle, recycle! The journey I took in self-discovery this year has lead me to the realization of how much waste I've created just living my daily life. It's my way of "paying rent" back to the earth. Compost, recycle, restore, & reuse is what I'm living by in this new year.
2. Create a healthier body. In 2018, I would like to eat cleaner. People have the perception that because you're vegan that you are healthier than those who eat meat... well, here's a rude awakening! There are tons of processed (and DEEELICIOUS) foods like Oreos and potato chips that are vegan, and of course as you know this doesn't add to your six-pack abs. So, more veggies, fruits, whole grains, and protein in the new year because my body is my temple and it deserves to be taken care of.
3. Budget and save more. I'd like to invest my money into more important things. I've come to realize that I don't need another mug or that sofa pillow. I want to spend my money on creating more memories and living my best life. Material things don't serve a big purpose in my life lately, so I definitely want to invest in experiences.
4. Travel more! Errol and I have traveled so much this year and it has been amazing because when we were long distance it was hard to go anywhere together. In 2018 I'm hoping to travel somewhere on a plane together (for the first time) and to just go! I also plan to visit somewhere I've never been before. Life is too short to stick to one town, the world is a beautiful place and it deserves to be seen.
5. Stop BAD habits. Unfortunately, like many others, I have some bad habits that are hard to get rid of. One of the worst is my nail-biting... I know! Super gross! Anxiety has gotten the best of me at times, but as I've gotten more confident in myself I have to learn to let old habits go. Prettier fingernails here we come!
6. Be more productive and organized. Another bad habit is that I come home from work sometimes cook a meal and then lay around watching YouTube videos until it's time to go to sleep. This is the complete opposite of being productive. I have 24 hours in a day, so why am I not using that to reach my full potential? Of course, I get exhausted from working my day job, but that doesn't mean I should slack off when it comes to my passions and what I truly enjoy working on. In the new year, I'll be scheduling posts, use my calendar, and create more content to make sure I keep on track.
7. Finish my secret project. Now this one I can't tell you much about but just know it's a good one. I started working on this in early 2017, then when I switched to being vegan it became a true passion. In 2018 it will become a reality!
If you've made it this far I hope that you'll join me in becoming the best versions of ourselves and chase those dreams of ours in this New Year we are about to enter. Now go put on your glittery dresses, your fanciest suit, your shiny shoes and throw that confetti in the air! I hope you all have an amazing end of the year and that you bring in 2018 surrounded by love and hope. Excited for this continuing journey and super thankful for all of you have supported me in my new ventures. Speak to you soon!