1 can of jackfruit in water or brine. DO NOT USE "IN SYRUP" - It will be too sweet!
1/2 cup of vegetable stock - *no salt added*
1/4 cup of red onions diced
2-3 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsps of liquid smoke
2 1/2 cups of BBQ Sauce
1 tbsp of smoked paprika
2 tsps of garlic & herbs powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsps of EVOO
1. Preheat oven to 350° and prepare a oiled pan on medium heat
2. Drain liquid from jackfruits and cut each piece into halves
3. Dice and mince garlic and onions; Mix with jackfruit pieces then add to heated pan and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
4. In a deep baking dish or pan layout cooked ingredients. Spread liquid smoke over jackfruit and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
5. In a small mixing bowl combine together BBQ sauce(s), smoked paprika, garlic powder, and any other seasonings of your choice.
6. Remove baking dish from over, spread sauce throughout jackfruit and put baking dish back into oven for 5-8 minutes.
7. Enjoy! Eat as a pulled BBQ sandwich, in a collarg green wrap, or spread over some tortilla chips with vegan cheese and jalapenos for vegan nachos. The possibilities are endless.