Creamy Mushroom & Broccoli Pasta:
1/2 cup of sunflower seed sauce
1/2 cup of nondairy milk
1 tbsp of garlic powder
herb seasonings of choice
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp of vegan butter
1/4 onion minced
1/2 cup of mushrooms
1 cup of broccoli
2 cups of pasta
1. In a heated pan; melt vegan butter
2. Cook minced onions until translucent
3. Add in mushrooms until they reduce in size and release liquids, then add veggie broth
4. Stir in all seasonings and almond milk. Allow to boil.
5. Add in sunflower seed sauce and simmer until thickened.
6. Cook broccoli in a separate pan until bright green, and mix with sauce.
7. Optional: Add in vegan cheese for extra flavor and to give it more of an alfredo sauce taste.
8. Mix in cooked pasta of choice and serve immediately.
Adding more milk will give you a creamier consistency with the sauce. When the sunflower seed sauce is heated up it tends to get dry if there isn't enough of liquid/milk in the mix. So adding equal parts or more of the nondairy milk is key to getting the perfect sauce.
Switch out the mushrooms and you'll get more of an alfredo sauce taste.